The increasing demands of the marketplace and competition requires that organizations response fast in satisfying customers by resolving issues and problems correctly and creatively. We also need employees to be continuously working on improvements to remain competitive. In short, we need engaged employees who are both committed and competent and adopt a growth and ownership mindset to continually develop themselves and use their creativity to make a difference to the organizational bottom line and increased customer satisfaction.
Module I : Your mindset determines your performance
- Why are you here?
- Why did the company hire you
- Why did the boss hire you?
- How do you feel going to work each day?
- How do you feel?
- Who controls your mind?
- Becoming an engaged employee – employee who uses their own discretionary effort to help the organization’s performance and customer satisfaction
- Your mindset determines your attitude which either help or hinder your personal growth and your performance
Module II : Creative Thinking and Innovation
- You and Change
- Why should the company continue to keep you employed two years from now?
- How do you justify the company to increase your pay each year?
- Change and Innovation
- Without change companies can become obsolete!
- As an employee, what then are the implications or consequences if you do not initiate or embrace change?
- What is creative thinking?
- Benefits of creative thinking
- Hindrances to creative thinking
Module III : Solving the Problem
- Group activity : Defining the problem correctly (avoid tackling symptoms)
- Turning problems into creative challenges (to avoid tackling the wrong issue)
- Understanding Problem Solving
- What (what is a problem)
- Why Problem Solving is important to the organization, department (team) and the individual
Module IV : Problem Solving Skills
- Three Important Thinking Skills – incorporating the three higher level thinking skills :
- Intro to Blooms Taxanomy of Thinking
- Analytical Thinking – what is it and analytical thinking tools
- Critical Thinking – what is it (the map) and critical thinking tools
- Creative Thinking – what is it and creative thinking tools
Module V : Intro to The 6-Steps Problem Solving Process Intro to the 6-Steps Problem Solving Process
- The Type(s) of Thinking Skills needed at each step
- 6-Steps Process: (detailed steps)
- Identify the problem – using creative thinking to identify the real issues and then clearly identify the major concerns.
- Find out the causes of the problem – root cause analysis
- Determine solutions to eliminate the problem – use creative thinking to identify alternative solutions
- Analyze and Make Decision on the most effective solution (intro to Decision Making steps and common tools and Critical Thinking)
- Take action
- Review results
- Problem Solving Tools : (Intro and Practice)
- Common Problem Solving Analysis Tools ”“ covers problem analysis tools eg. Checksheets or Yield Log Sheets, Pareto Analysis, Fish Bone or Cause & Effect Diagram, etc.
- Practice how to organize data using the checksheet, pareto diagram, cause and effect diagram and trend charts
- Why-Why Analysis
- 5Ws and 2Hs
- Tools : (Continued)
- Creative Thinking Tools – SCAMPER, Alternatives, po and Stepping Stone and Acronyms and Senario-based questions
- Critical Thinking Tools – Critical Thinking Map, AGO, APC, ADI, OPV, Consequences etc
- Prioritization of problem: Knowing which problem to fix first : Urgent versus Important – learn how to determine the priority concern- help in proper allocation of time, effort & resources to the most critical needs.
- Process Mapping – identifying disconnects and non-value add activities (wastes)
- Intro to Process Mapping or Flowcharting
- Why Process Mapping
- Typical Process Mapping symbols
- Process Mapping or Flowcharting Procedure or Steps
- Examples of Single Functional Process and Cross-functional Process Mapping
- Understanding and using fish lanes in Cross-functional Process Mapping or Flowcharting
- Using the process maps as an analysis tool to identify the non-value add activities or disconnects
- Construct Process Mapping or Flowcharting Exercise (Group activities) – identify the disconnects or non-value added activities
- Reflection and Course Evaluation
Participants will be able to enhance their creative thinking, problem solving and process mapping skills by applying tools/techniques learnt from the workshop.
They will learn :
- How to develop and adopt a positive, growth and ownership mindset
- Why making changes and using creative thinking is important to employees, the team and the organization
- To become more effective problem solvers in the organization
- How to use analytical, creative and critical thinking in the relevant steps of the creative problem solving process.
- Creative thinking tools and techniques to generate ideas
- Intro to the generic Problem Solving Process steps
- Problem Solving Tools and Techniques
- Some of the critical thinking tools to help them in problem analysis and make better fact-based decisions
- Process Mapping
Course Learning Outcomes
This workshop helps participants understand why they need to be creative and adopt a growth, proactive and ownership mindset and how this attitude benefits themselves. The workshop introduces a tool, EFO (Eye for Opportunity – observing for opportunities) to help employees develop a continuous improvement thinking mindset thereby increasing their contribution and justifying their ongoing employment. EFO provides people manager with a simple practical tool to build a continuous improvement culture among the their employees.
Creative thinking tools and techniques enable the participants to use their creative thinking at each stage of the problem solving process.
The last module on Process Mapping teaches participants how to map out the current processes and identify the disconnects or non-value added activities that can be eliminated.
- 5 stars0
- 4 stars0
- 3 stars0
- 2 stars0
- 1 stars0
No Reviews found for this course.
Duration (days)   14
Advanced Course Search
Top Rated Course
5S Awareness Trainingby C&J FOOD MANAGEMENT
ESD Implementation Trainingby TIME CIRCLE ACADEMY SDN. BHD
40364A: Database Administration Fundamentalsby PRESTARIANG SYSTEMS SDN BHD
1-Day BCM Awareness and Overview Workshop (BCOE-000)by DRI MALAYSIA SDN BHD
1-Day Crisis Communication Workshop (BCOE900)by DRI MALAYSIA SDN BHD