This is a special customized program touching on the basic labor laws for the manufacturing industry. It encompasses the Employment Act 1955 practices and the Industrialization Relation Act 1976. Mr. Ewe with 30 years of Human Resources Management experience will share his experience and at the same time point out the landmark decision of the industrial court for the benefit of the participants during a two days workshop. The course serves as a comprehensive in-depth practical experience for participants with the aim to explain the labor laws in a simple and straight forward manner, avoiding legal and technical terms as far as possible. Apart from lectures, he will have lots of case studies for deliberation.
- An overview of the Employment Act 1955 and the Industrial Relations Act 1976.
- Breach of Contract:
- Law of Frustration
- Absenteeism/ tardiness
- Inefficiency/ incompetents/ poor performance
- Probationary period – Industrial Court Awards
- Termination of Contract of Services:
- Criminal Offences
- Frustration of Contract
- Repudiation of Contract
- Termination Simplicitor
- Termination for Poor Performance
- Termination for Other Reasons.
- Sick leave: – Industrial Court Awards On Sick Leave, Prolonged Sick Leave and Psychiatric Problems, certified fit for light duty, taking excusive medical leave, taking medical leave through false preferences.
- Employee’s and employer’s prerogatives and prohibitions.
- Court Judgment and Industrial Court Award on Management Prerogatives.
- Major offences and procedural requirements under the Employment Act 1955
- Disciplinary Procedures and Actions by Management.
- Touching on Minimum Wage and additional Employment Act regulations which is to be implemented coming 1st June 2016
During the workshop, participants will be taught of the following:
- Clear about the do’s and don’ts in disciplinary issues.
- Will be introduced to the various options open to management in handling labor issues
- Will be instilled to have the confidence in decision making pertaining to disciplinary issues.
Course Learning Outcomes
- At the end of the workshop, participants will be clear about the do’s and don’ts in disciplinary issues.
- Participants will be introduced to the various options open to management in handling labor issues
- Have the confidence in decision making pertaining to disciplinary issues.
- 5 stars0
- 4 stars0
- 3 stars0
- 2 stars0
- 1 stars0
No Reviews found for this course.
Duration (days)   2
Certificate of Attendance
Advanced Course Search
Top Rated Course
5S Awareness Trainingby C&J FOOD MANAGEMENT
ESD Implementation Trainingby TIME CIRCLE ACADEMY SDN. BHD
40364A: Database Administration Fundamentalsby PRESTARIANG SYSTEMS SDN BHD
1-Day BCM Awareness and Overview Workshop (BCOE-000)by DRI MALAYSIA SDN BHD
1-Day Crisis Communication Workshop (BCOE900)by DRI MALAYSIA SDN BHD