Unit 1 : Get ready to use technology in the classroom
(Benefits of digital classroom) (Google tools)
(Think beyond the textbook) (Build own learning network) (Get your questions answered)
– Knowing the resources available to help with Google tools
– Using Google Search, Google Help Center and Google for Education Forums.
– How to establish a personal learning network.
– How to use technological resources.
– Google tools in the classroom
Unit 2 : Teach students online skills
(Google Chrome, Omnibox) (Move files into drive,
Google drive) (Make fewer class copies)
– How to use search box/calculator/location/online conversation and
– Accessing documents & files that have been saved/uploaded/created in
Drive, and accessing them offline.
– Use less printers & photocopiers, more Google Docs suite.
– Help students have a better experience online.
Unit 3 : Save time communicating by using Gmail and Hangouts
(Use Gmail to communicate with classroom)
(Organise and search Gmail) (Use Hangouts for real time student communication)
– Identify & explain the benefits of using Hangouts via Gmail and Google+.
– How to effectively categorise, find and organise emails.
– How Gmail can benefit you in the classroom.
– Powerful communication features of Gmail, Hangouts, Groups and Sites
Unit 4 : A time management web and mobile application
(Meet Google Calendar) (Create an event) (Keep
track of class schedules and appointments) (Get
more organised) (Create schedule from Email)
– How to hold more productive and efficient meetings.
– How to schedule a meeting, add participants and book resources.
– How to keep track of who will be attending your meeting.
– How to set reminders and notifications for events in your calendar.
– How to manage multiple calendars
Unit 5 : Meaningful and effective collaboration.
(Collaborative approach) (Google Docs) (Creating Docs and explore)
– Collaborate with up to 50 people at time, and share your document with up to 250 people.
– Doing all your work on Google Docs means you almost never have to use paper again.
– Not only are you more organised but you are also doing your bit to save the environment.
– All the changes you make on Docs are automatically saved. Never lose your work again!
Unit 6 : Build interactive lessons
(Collaborative approach) (Google Slides) (Creating Slides, commenting and instant feedback usage)
– How to make your presentations look better and more effectively
communicate your point
– How graphic design can help with your messaging
– How to add dynamic and engaging content into your presentations
Unit 7 : Measure, share and understand student growth
(Create Google sheet and import feature) (Data
measuring) (Google sheet) (Google forms for
classroom) (Choose theme and create Google
– Determine the correct type of data to collect as an educator
– Develop effective methods of collecting the data required
– Organize and configure information to accurately represent the results
– Determine the questions to be asked and compile the feedback in an attractive way.
– Manage to compile the collected data from your colleagues, students and parents to represent the results in more details ways
Unit 8 : Facilitate group work
(Google Keep) (Google groups and group types)
– To manage to-do lists in Google Keep
– To add media and share notes in Google Keep
– Organise and keep notes together.
– Identify how Google Groups can be used in your classroom.
– Communicate and manage all departments and units your school
Unit 9 : Captivate your class with videos
(Create a playlist) (Youtube) (Share and view
videos of choice)
– Search and find content creators and videos using YouTube.
– Identify best practices for using YouTube in the classroom.
– Harness the YouTube subscription feature to develop a stream of top quality educational content.
– Tips to find good quality video for interesting learning and teaching experience.
– Tips to provide optimum viewing experience for any scale of classroom.
– Tips to be an expert in collecting, storing and sharing video.
Unit 10 : The new Google sites
(Google sites) (Creating Google sites)
– Identify the benefits of real-time communication with students
– Identify the value of having a class website
– Create a customised Google Site for your classroom
Unit 11 : Bring student work online
(Interactive virtual class, Google classroom)
– How to assign work to your students
– What strategies are available for managing assignments
– How to assign and collect assignments using Classroom
– Access Classroom using the web on a computer with any modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox®, Internet Explorer®, or Safari®.
Unit 12 : Promote digital citizenship and
positive online behaviour
(Google digital citizenship) (Digital footprint and protecting yourself online) (Cyberbullying)
– How to protect yourself with good, strong passwords
– How to recognise hoaxes
– What makes up your digital footprint
– How to manage your online identity
– The importance of privacy settings
– How to build resilience to be able to handle challenges
Unit 13 : Register for GCE Level 1
(GCE1 Application process)
– How technology can benefit teaching and learning
– Why and how technology can support the work you currently do
– How you can use technology to prepare for the future
– What tools are available in the G Suite for Education
– How to pick the right tool for your objective
Unit 14 : Resource Education
– How can Information so specific on countries help children
– How to extract information from CIA factbook
– Providing regional world maps
– Maps of the world and learning how to use the database
Unit 15 : Resource Education
-Offering innovative online courses to whoever wants to learn or teach.
-Create high quality courses and original research to improve and transform
-Teaching students how to do live exercises and look for content
-How to understand all these exercise and implement in classroom
Unit 16 : Resource Education
-Teaching audience about massive open online course provider
-Educating the audience with regards to different topics that are able to be accessed
-Understanding the Hosts online university level courses
-Showing how relevant these courses can be for classroom
Unit 17 : Resource Education
-Compilation of huge online free courses from top universities such as MIT and how to locate these courses through the website.
-Provides links to other websites with courses for audience to enjoy and learn from
-teaching individuals the availability of journals and playlists
Unit 18 : Resource Education
-Highlighting how there is a universal access to world’s best education,
partnering with top universities through coursera
-Teaching on the usage and access of videos, online quizzes and project based learning
-Guiding individuals on how to browse through and go through the different courses.
Unit 19 : Resource Education
-Largest free primary and secondary school online resource in Malaysia.
Individuals can use this to research and learn of different topics.
-Teaching individuals on how to go through Edunation and understand the platform.
– Individuals are thought on how to focus on videos, exercises, test papers,
popular playlists and workshops which will benefit the classroom
Unit 20 : Resource Education
-Getting students an accessible education platform and ensuring they know where to go to get these documents, courses or education for free.
-Teaching individuals on understanding how to review lectures in the form of Youtube videos
-Provides progress reports to help people keep track of what they learned.
How to generate these reports and critically think on different issues.
Unit 21 : Resource Education
-Teaching participants on how to gain access to E-books and audio books online for free
-No fee or registration needed thus participants can take advantage abilities to access countless number of books.
-Educating participants on immediate access to books
Unit 22 : Resourcen Education
-Giving participants different ideas to not only teach but pass on to other co-workers or students.
-Photos and educational content that can be used to provide education.
-Teaching participants on how to be creative and use it in different aspects of their work.
Unit 23 : Resource Education
-TEDs Videos initiative that allows individuals to critically assess certain
videos. Individuals will be able to learn and understand the content.
-To spark and celebrate ideas of individuals around the world. Teaching
people how they can participate and provide their perspective.
-Provides videos and how to create lessons using TedEd
Unit 24 : Resource Education (Allison)
-Large variety of online courses in many categories. Thus participants need to learn how to properly filter the courses and see what courses are relevant to their background.
-Teaching digital literacy and how to enhance those lessons.
-Health safety and compliance, health literacy and financial literacy. Which is fundamental in every department or work environment.
Unit 25 : Resource Education (Open Culture)
-Provides participants with access to many free online resources
-Over 1200 free online course and over 800 books
-Providing videos, audio books , courses and Ebooks to students and how it can be easily accessible in the online platform at any point of time
Unit 26 : Resource Education
(Access to Basic Resources)
-Educating students on the ability to use basic online tools and applications that can be utilized within instants.
-Making life more efficient with easy to access and free tools
-Expedite process of conducting several responsibilities.
Unit 27 : Resource Education
(How to use Resources)
-Teaching participants how to access resource database and use different websites.
-Teaching participants how to utilize resources and how it can be utilized in different scenarios or aspects
-It can be easy to be aware of all the services, but how do you maximize the knowledge received from it
Unit 28 : Resource Education (Review and Discussion)
-This is where participants will go through different topics to see if there are any questions, confusions.
-Participants will be able to practice and ensure the skills are well
-Participants will also get the advantage to participate in discussions to
This course aims to provide additional skills for an increasingly connected & globally-competitive
workforce through use of technology within the classroom including to streamline daily
processes and use of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, creativity. Delegates will be
taught how to integrate technology into the classroom through planning & preparation, with
knowledge and understanding of the various Google tools available.